Here we are in July when I am finally getting around to updating my new blog. I want to recap 2015 so far. This year, the start of a new year was also the start of a new decade for me ... the big 40!! I still have a hard time believing it. I swear I just got out of school. But wow, what a decade I had in my 30's. Entered my 30's single and hopeful. Entered my 40's married with 4 kids. Not to mention a career change, lots of ups and downs with our quest to have a family, and many other challenging times. But I have to say everything truly does work out how it is supposed to. It took a lot of faith and a lot of patience, but here we are ... blessed beyond measure.
So I decided I wanted to celebrate entering my 40s being surrounded by my family. No big fancy party for me. Just a fun "40th Fiesta" with my favorite people, fun memories, and good food. Thanks to my parents for hosting and to all my family members who could come celebrate with me.
So sweet that my mom had everyone say a word to describe me and then included them on my cake!
And I loved the little walk down memory lane ...
It's not a party without a pinata!
These are my best gifts!
I almost forgot to mention how we started my 40th birthday ... with a little family breakfast outing to IHOP. That was one to remember. I think the breakfast went about as well as this attempt to take a photo. We don't dine out much!
That was one of a few birthday celebrations. Earlier that month, I got to celebrate birthdays with some of my favorite people in the whole world ... friends I have had since childhood. Michelle and I were BFFs starting in 2nd grade, Catherine and I became friends through piano and dance in elementary school, Amy and I met in 7th grade and Alissa joined us in 10th grade. I am so blessed to have had these ladies in my life for SO many years!! We don't all get together often, but when we do, it feels just like old times!
And there was the birthday week dinner out with these awesome mommy friends of mine! Our little ones brought us (and several others not pictured) together when James and his little buddies were just a few months old. I'm so thankful for them and the countless hours full of laughter, worry, advice, and everything else that we have shared!!

And to end my birthday month, I rang in the 40's with an incredible celebration with some of my greatest girl friends. We managed to get away ... all 15 of us ... for a weekend in Hot Springs for some girl time and fun at the horse races. I love these women so much, and just the fact that this many of my friends managed to leave their own busy lives for a weekend away to hang out with me means the world to me. That's how we have been though ... right there for each other through thick and then. Again, blessed beyond measure. Not with just these friends but with so many wonderful friends from all many parts of my life. I could go on and on. But for this weekend, these were the special ladies who took me out, celebrated me, and made me laugh so much that my face hurt! Thanks for a wonderful birthday weekend!!
Well, I finally finished typing this in September, so I'm closer to 41 now than 40. I will always remember turning 40!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment