Friday, September 25, 2015

Funny Valentines

 These cuties had a fun and Happy Valentine's Day this year.  James, who is the pickiest kid ever when it comes to clothes and shoes, absolutely loved this "tie shirt like a daddy tie" that I found for him.  And of course Elliot is a little "lover boy" so his shirt fits him perfectly.  And my two Valentine princesses think any day when you get to have a party and candy is a GREAT day!



And the Valentines.  Oh the Valentines.  Times FOUR!  Always a daunting task to think about, but really I love it!  I love helping them choose what they want to make as Valentine's for their little classmates.  I love being creative with ideas (and a little help from google, pinterest and Oriental Trading)!  I love them helping me put them together and getting excited about taking them to school.  So it is all worth the 100 plus "Valentines" we get to make every year!  

I thought they turned out super cute this year.  James chose bugs and loved these little bug finger puppets.  They took some effort and a couple of different tries at how to get them to stay on these little cards I printed, but they turned out so cute!  He was excited and wanted to pick out exactly which bug he wanted to give to each specific classmate.  



We chose little animal finger puppets for Elliot... sticking with the finger puppet theme this year!  I love finding these kind of printables online and making these cute Valentines for very little cost!! Elliot loved them too!  




Luckily, the girls only needed 12 each for their little kindergarten class.  That was nice after having to do about 30-35 for each of the boys!  Annabel saw these funny little colorful bears in a catalog and HAD to have them.  She was stuck on the "colored squishy bears" idea for weeks, so I went with it and found a cute bear themed tag to go with it.  She loved writing everyone's names on the cards and choosing who got what color bear.





And finally, Madeline's.  I showed her a few things in a catalog, and she thought these fans were the coolest things ever!!  Easy peasy (and cheap) with this one!  She loved them!  





This year we started what I hope will be an annual tradition ... Daddy/daughter Valentines date night.  He bought them each a rose and took them on a date to the restaurant of their choice.  They chose Cracker Barrel!!!  No surprise there.  Dining AND shopping all in one place?  What is not to love?!  I just love how they got so excited and picked out their purses like little ladies and were ready to go on their date night with daddy!  



No comments:

Post a Comment